Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happiness Is

A twenty pound turkey transformed into turkey soup, turkey enchiladas, and turkey ka-prao. And a twenty pound baby to help us eat it all.


The anticipation of baby's first Christmas.


The anticipation of my first Christmas with a baby.



Weather chilly enough to light the gas fireplace every night.

Pulling out the good ol' crooked Christmas tree and leaving the bottom three feet bare to keep our tiny human from eating ornaments and hooks.

Reading the lyrics of Christmas songs out of an old, green hymnal and reveling in the forgotten third and fourth verses.

A full home. Michael, Jen, Jen's boyfriend, my law partner, and our intern all work from our home at different points during the week. It's much better than Grace and me alone rattling around in a big house.

Reading Anne of Green Gables for the billionth time.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try your Turkey Ka-Prao. We did Turkey Tacos, Turkey Fried Rice, Turkey Soup and Curried Turkey Casserole. I do have one last serving of Turkey in the freezer - now I know how to use it...later - we're turkey's out for now. ;-)

    Tell Gilbert and Anne Shirley, I said "Hi". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful shot of grace and the tree. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...