- grilling chicken, corn, and burgers
- sleeping with all the windows open
- reading Newberry award winning children's books one by one
- eating pounds and pounds of peaches, plums, pluots, cherries, nectarines, etc.
- attempting to cook homemade peach jelly
- spending evenings with my dear husband (who is often gone on weeknights during the school year)
- enjoying the long evenings by going for runs after work - speaking of work, I really like my summer job
- scorning the advice that vegetables need 6+ hours of sunlight and growing a garden in a plot gets half that amount
- reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time
I love the summer.