Our chubby, charming Isaiah will be six months old next week.
I try to hold onto these days, this precious baby stage, but it is like trying to grasp water and the time slips through my fingers.
|Five months old and enjoying the swing.|
|Three months old, falling asleep in my arms.|
|Playing "one hand" with Daddy.|
|Four months old and discovering his toes.|
|Five months old.|
|Four months old and snuggling with our snuggliest family member, Cora.|
What is Isaiah like these days?
Isaiah is calm and mellow. So calm he still shows no interest in rolling over. That's right. Almost six months old and STILL not rolling! Though he is getting close to sitting.
He continues to be good at entertaining himself, especially if he is anywhere near the ongoing big sister show. When he is lying on the floor or sitting in his swing, the moment I flash a smile at him from across the room or swoop in to pick him up, he smiles with his whole body, kicking, flailing, and beaming.
I don't keep track (hello, baby number three), but if I had to guess, I think Isaiah nurses about nine times per day. And only one of those times is between 8pm and 8am. (yay!) So he eats all. day. long. He's already a champ at eating solid food too.
And he looks like he eats all day long. He has dimples on his lower back just above his diaper. His thighs and wrists look like someone tied a string around them. He even has a layer of fat over his kneecaps. Every time I see him in any state of undress, my heart melts.
Isaiah's parents and grandparents all have green and brown eyes, so we were surprised when he was born with blue eyes. And they have only gotten bluer. His dark brown hair was getting scraggly and patchy, so I recently buzzed it short revealing a head of dark blonde hair growing underneath. His daddy was not happy with me. Oops!
What are some of Isaiah's favorite things?
- Socializing. Isaiah always wants to be a part of what's going on... sitting on a lap at dinner, in the middle of the family room while everyone talks, etc.
|Isaiah in the action. How are they so dorky?!|
- His big sisters. He watches everything they do. He particularly enjoys the ongoing Grace variety show.
- Drinking his solids out of a cup. I've never heard of another baby eating this way. But, whatever works!
- Sleeping in. He's often in bed until 7:30 or 8!
- Saying "hi." Whenever we see Isaiah, we always say, "Oh, hi!" Around three or four months old, he started copying this sound. Now when he sees us appear, he'll sometimes say, "HAAIIIYYYYYY!"
- Sleeping on planes. His three best naps in recent memory were on his last three plane flights. He slept over two hours in my arms. He is so large, my arms were sore the next day!
Isaiah's least favorite things include...
- Going down for naps. He usually cries for at least a couple of minutes.
- Getting put in a sleep sack. He associates them with naptime.
- Feeling sleepy. (Hmmm... this is ironic. He doesn't like being sleepy, but he doesn't like naps.)
Isaiah, we absolutely adore you and we are so glad you're a part of our family.