Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summertime

This fall I will be entering 19th grade, more commonly known as my final year of law school. That makes this my last "real" summer. And I have been milking it for all its worth by:

  • grilling chicken, corn, and burgers
  • sleeping with all the windows open
  • reading Newberry award winning children's books one by one
  • eating pounds and pounds of peaches, plums, pluots, cherries, nectarines, etc.
  • attempting to cook homemade peach jelly
  • spending evenings with my dear husband (who is often gone on weeknights during the school year)
  • enjoying the long evenings by going for runs after work - speaking of work, I really like my summer job
  • scorning the advice that vegetables need 6+ hours of sunlight and growing a garden in a plot gets half that amount
  • reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time

I love the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...