Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

This is Going to be a Long Summer


I was sitting at my desk in my apartment's second bedroom studying for my antepenultimate (third to last, good word, huh?) final of law school when I heard banging, bumping, shuffling sounds through my earplugs. I first thought it was my upstairs neighbors moving their furniture. They are always buying and moving furniture. Then, it got louder, and I thought that someone was trying to break in, so I looked up and saw black hairs crawling like spiders over a white arm that was reaching over my fence!  Yikes!


Before I could react, I noticed that the hand was holding a giant, clear plastic bag containing a heavy brown box which he proceeded to drop (thump!). In the box were the above pictured books. Except for Mockingjay. That's just to give you an idea of how thick these books are.


So, turns out it was nothing more than the UPS man delivering two thirds of my summer. I had missed his knock on my front door since my earplugs were in, so he kindly walked around the apartment to fling the 20+ pound box containing my bar prep books over the fence.





To become a real, live practicing attorney, I have three finals to take, a graduation to attend, and then I will crack open these books and study for two months straight in hopes of passing the California Bar Exam, a grueling three day, eighteen hour exam that covers almost every class I took in law school (and a few I didn't take) including Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Torts, Remedies, Civil Procedure, Property, Contracts, Trusts and Wills, Professional Responsibility, Evidence, etc., etc., etc.


This is going to be a long summer. But, I am determined to study hard, pass it on the first try, and take plenty of fun breaks to stay sane. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you have Mocking Jay at the top of the list. Your brain needs a mini vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Christie =) You're gonna be the smartest, coolest, prettiest California attorney everrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Christie! You are going to rock it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...