Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day at My Place

I had no insightful Mother's Day post planned, but after looking at the pictures from my fun afternoon celebrating with my mother-in-law (and husband and father-in-law), I couldn't help just throwing them up here to share!

Michael with his mom.


Growing up, when Michael's mom asked him what he wanted for dinner, the answer was almost always one of two Thai dishes involving beef and broccoli served over noodles. For Mother's Day, Michael made her one of the dishes. Raad Naa score between Nila and Michael is now one million to one.
  
Milk tea in the freezer in an attempt to get it chilled quickly.

The veggies go in. We included chard, bok choy, snap peas, snap pea tendrils, and carrots from the garden. I love my garden. The broccoli and red bell peppers were from Costco. I love Costco.

The final product was not photogenic. You're just going to have to believe me when I say that it tasted better than it looks.


And the festivities aren't over yet! My mom lives 1,000 miles away in Denver, so I normally don't get to see her to celebrate. But, she will be in town later this week for my law school graduation! I am looking forward to spending lots of time with her, my dad, and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...