Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Satisfaction = WPR

There is a direct relationship between the amount of work, patience, and risk a plant takes and the amount of satisfaction you get when you harvest it. In mathematical terms that would be WPR = S
W = hours of work
P = weeks of waiting
R = number of times you freak out thinking the whole plant is going to die
S = satisfaction


For lettuce, W = 1hr, P = 10 weeks (we get little sun), R = 3. So, my satisfaction is 30. Don't ask me what the units of satisfaction are. They might be smiles or something cheesy like that.


With my purple cabbage, given that I gave the cabbage about 3 hours of attention picking off pests, it took about 30 weeks to grow, and I thought the whole thing was going to fail at least 20 times, my satisfaction level upon harvesting and eating it yesterday was at a whopping 1,800 smiles.


Clearly feeling the satisfaction. Well, not so much.
I think I was pretending the cabbage was a weapon, so I was trying to look intense. How embarrassing.


Onto the next pictures. There she is:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...