Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

30 Words

Grace said her first words back in October and November. Throughout December and January, she surprised us by learning a new word every couple of days.

At the end of January, I started to lose track of what she was saying, so a week or two ago I sat down and made a list of every word she has said. I didn't include words that she has just mimicked since she parrots tons of words and sounds. (For instance, two nights ago she copied the word "Obama"!) And what was the grand total? Thirty words! This kid is a talker. She has picked up several more words since then, including guitar, which today sounded something like "cah-car."

But, to keep me humble, she has only just recently started to regularly call me "mama." Before this week, she called me "dada," "that that," "day day," and "up up up."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...