Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Refuge, Strength, and Ever Present Help

I almost always have a small portion of Scripture that I am ruminating on. Like a cow, I chew it up and swallow it, and within a few hours, days, or weeks, I chew on the same words again to digest them yet another time. Disgusting, but that's where the word ruminate comes from, and that is how my soul connects with God. The majority of my ruminating is on the poetry of the Bible.

Right now, I am learning from Psalm 46 that...

When I am overwhelmed by motherhood, and I worry that my plans to start working part time in a few weeks will fall flat on their face, God is my refuge.

When my sweet baby girl reverts to waking up every three or four hours for several nights this week, God is my strength.

And when I feel more overwhelmed than joyful over being a mom, God is an ever present help in times of trouble.

Therefore, I have nothing to fear! Rather, I will be still and know that He is God.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Christie.

    I love the imagery of the refuge described by these synonyms:
    -Lofty fortress
    -Unassailable stronghold
    -Defended tower

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...