Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's a Girl!

Michael and I went in for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound (yes, we're already halfway through!) Thursday morning and found out that we are having a GIRL!

We celebrated our daughter by sharing a pastry from my favorite cafe that happens to be a short walk from home, texting and calling people, and dancing in our kitchen to this song by Jimmy Needham:

They said you have wrapped around your finger like the ribbons that you wear in your hair.
Maybe 'cause when I see your little fingers holding onto mine I don't have a care.
You've got me buying you bows and dresses. Oh, what a beautiful mess that this is.

I think I'm in love.
She's two foot three
Eyes blue and green
I just can't get enough
She got my heels over my head
Or better yet, she's got me moving to the beat of her drum
And if love were time, I would spend all mine 
Just living inside her world 
'Cause she's Daddy's Baby Girl

They warned that you'd demand all my attention not to mention you're my very first child.
It's true I'm spending nearly half an hour making faces to get you to smile.
You've got me doing these silly little dance moves. I hope they don't make it onto YouTube.


I think I'm in love
She's two foot three
Eyes blue and green
I just can't get enough
She got my heels over my head
Or better yet, she's got me moving to the beat of her drum
And if love were time, I would spend all mine 
Just living inside her world 
'Cause she's Daddy's Baby Girl



I can hardly wait to meet my little daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...