Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Indian Vegetable Curry

Beautiful ingredients make delicious food.



I have been craving really good Indian food for a few months, but my favorite Indian restaurant is over 1,000 miles away in Colorado, so I decided to make this Vegetable Curry recipe that I found in my favorite cookbook ever.


Once I saw how fresh and colorful the ingredients were, I busted out my camera and went hog wild playing food photographer.




The final product was so good! I daresay it even tasted authentic. Plus, it is super healthy and the ingredients are super cheap.




Here's the recipe:


Start the rice. Do Basmati if you're going for authentic! Heat until sizzling:

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
Add and cook a little bit:
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Stir in:
  • 2 teaspoons of hot curry powder
Stir in (all of these ingredients are approximate):
  • 2 cups canned chickpeas
  • 2 1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
  • 2 cups cauliflower
  • 1 cup chopped green beans
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • black pepper
Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. (~10 minutes) Stir together in a small bowl:
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons flour
Add to the vegetables. Cook all until heated through. Serve over rice garnished with chopped almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...