Sour, watery tomato sauce bleeding all over overcooked noodles should be banned from American society. Try this spaghetti recipe for a change!
|My photos made my spaghetti look like shiny |
plastic, but it still looks better than bleeding tomato sauce.
- sea shell pasta
- 1 pound of spicy, Italian sausage*
- four cloves of garlic minced
- three carrots peeled and chopped
- three zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup wine**
- 1 large can of spaghetti sauce (~15-20 oz.)
The ingredients above yield at least eight servings. It's perfect for making on a Saturday, freezing half, enjoying it over the week, and they defrosting the other half a few weeks later and enjoying it again!
*This is clutch.
**This isn't clutch. I'm not sure if it does anything to the taste, but it sure makes the recipe look fancier.
- Begin cooking your pasta.
- Brown the garlic and sausage. You don't need any oil to do this, the sausage should produce enough.
- Add carrots and zucchini. Brown some more.
- Add wine.
- Add all of spaghetti sauce. Bring it too a simmer.
- Feel free to add more fun things like oregano, garlic powder, pepper, fresh basil...
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!
|Everything all browned and ready for the wine & tomato sauce.|
P.S. This is one of the first recipes I invented. And by "invented," I mean that I didn't use a recipe card, though I think my mom has made spaghetti very similar to this before me.
P.P.S. As always, recipes are merely guidelines. Change anything above and enjoy the variety!
|P.P.S. I peeled the carrots so ferociously that I confused my thumb with a |
carrot and peeled the top layer of my fingernail.