Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Conversation Between a Toddler and Preschooler

Both my daughters are talkative. The last few months, they've started having lengthy, strange conversations between themselves. The other day, I sat them down for their snack and recorded a few minutes of them talking. Here's a one minute snippet of that conversation between my 4-year-old and 2-year-old.


Cora singing: "The more we get together, together, together. The more we get together the happier we'll be." [over and over]

Grace: "Louder please"

Cora: "Ok!" [starts singing louder]

Grace: [a split second later] "SSSHHHHHHH!!! I don't want to hear you!"

Cora: [confused] "Do you want it loud?"

Grace: "No. I want only Jesus to hear you."

Cora: "Well, Jesus isn't here."

Grace: "Yes! Yes he does."

Cora: "No, he isn't."

Grace: [with firm conviction] "Yes, he does hear you. He hears even when people… even when I don't hear you."

Cora: "Excuse me, Grace."

Grace: "Yes, Cora?"

Cora: "Watch this."

Grace: "Ok, I'm watching."

Cora: [loud nonsense words]

Grace: "That's goobledygock."

Cora: [more nonsense]

Grace: Cora, can you please switch back to your English hat? It's English hat time!
(Grace and Cora claim to speak three languages - English, Thai, and Goobledygock. When they switch languages, they call it switching hats.)

~

Now imagine that level of conversation minute after minute, hour after hour, and you have a pretty good idea of what you hear on a "quiet" morning or afternoon at home. We are endlessly entertained.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...