- Going on Facebook three days a week instead of multiple times per day.
- Slowly meditating on Scripture rather than blazing through.
- Unsubscribing from all those emails that I never read anyway.
- Reading just one or two books at once and taking my time to savor the words.
- Getting rid of lots of physical possessions.
- Rarely going on Pinterest.
My life already feels fuller and richer. I think I am just beginning to tap into the slow, conscious way that we are designed to live rather than the frenetic speed that our culture tells us we must maintain in order to be valuable.
In place of deleting emails or scrolling through status updates, I now have more time for this:
Does my everyday life of caring for a tiny human, keeping up a home, and running a start-up business start to drag sometimes? You bet. But, do you see the delight on my baby's face in those few moments of playing peekaboo? They would be so easy to miss if I filled that boredom with entertainment. It is so good to slow down and to live.