Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowflakes


This year, we're spending Christmas in Colorado with my side of the family. Last night, we were eating my brother's homemade pizza when the snow started falling. We drove around looking at Christmas lights and it kept falling. We went to sleep and it kept falling and falling and falling.


In the morning, the railing on my parents' porch looked like this:



I stuck a ruler down the middle. 10.5 inches!



I pulled out the camera and took these pictures of snowflakes and was thrilled with the results!






The snow covered trees and houses look like a postcard. Needless to say, this California girl was thrilled and went out to frolick in it three times today! I think it's going to be a white Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. These pics are awesome! Did you take them with the 18-55mm kit lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Yes, I still only own one lens: the kit lens that came with the camera. I zoomed in as much as I could, held the camera as steady as possible, and then cropped them in a ton. voila!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...