Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Safe


Do you ever have those books on your shelf that you eye longingly for weeks, months, or even years before the time is ripe and you finally dig in? A few weeks ago, after months of eyeing, the time was finally ripe. I picked up Eugene Peterson's classic, "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction," opened to the most intriguing looking chapter entitled "Providence," and sweet truth arrested me. I couldn't move on. I have since read Peterson's take on Psalm 121 and the providence of God almost half a dozen times. This is the nugget of truth that has been rattling around my heart and soul:

As I progress through the trials and joys of this life, I sit enveloped in the enormous lap of my powerful God. Nothing happens outside of his watchful, wakeful eye. I am safe as I progress through life and onto death.

Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...