Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Heirloom Pumpkin Carving

When I think of pumpkins, I usually think of this...

But, pumpkins can be so much more exciting...


The other day, Michael and I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some fresh cut flowers for my mother-in-law's birthday. While walking in, we spotted a display of pumpkins of all different varieties. We pawed through all of the round and not so round gems in search of the most imperfectly amazing pumpkin. I found the wartiest, behemothest looking one of the bunch, named it, and brought it home.


Today, we finally carved it and roasted its guts. Here are the pictures!








Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
(with melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon)
Traditional Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
(with olive oil & coarse salt)
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
(with olive oil, curry, paprika, and coarse salt)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...