|Nature and putting things in her mouth.|
Two of Grace's greatest loves.
|Nice hair, kid.|
|That's a nine month dress our big girl is wearing!|
Here are a few highlights and lowlights of the last two months:
- 10 weeks old: She started laughing!
- 11 weeks old: She was diagnosed with acid reflux. What a relief to have an explanation for her fussiness and crying and her difficulty with naps and nighttime sleep. Within a few days of putting her on medication, her true, happy, curious personality came out. Now, over a month later, her little esophagus is all healed up from the irritation and she rarely shows signs of reflux. At 11 weeks old, she also went on a plane for the first time... it was awful! Because of the reflux and being in a new environment, she screamed and cried almost the entire trip.
- 12 weeks old: She started bearing weight on her legs. Also, the meds helped so much, that she started waking up once per night. But, then she quickly reverted to waking up twice again. Oh babies.
- 13 weeks old: She started razzing and I bought her some of her first toys at a thrift store for dirt cheap. Once in the middle of the night, Michael put her in her crib on her back, went to the bathroom, and then looked at her before crawling back in bed to find that she was on her stomach. Though we haven't seen it happen since.
- 15 weeks old: Grace's strong suit is anything verbal. Believe it or not, she started imitating the word "hello." She says something along the lines of "ah-looh." She's also consistently sleeping through the night now. Most nights, she goes to bed, sleeps for eight hours, wakes up to eat, and then sleeps a couple more.
- 16 weeks old: For the first few months, all Grace wanted to do was talk and stare at the world, and she quickly tired of anything physical. Now, she suddenly loves being held sitting up, she bears most of her weight while held standing, and she is trying so, so hard to roll over!