Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Home - Part Four


Colorado.

When I think of my 8th through 12th grade years in Colorado, I think of summer afternoon thunderstorms; late spring hail; early fall snowfall followed by 80 degree weather; and mild, brown winters. I remember taking way too many AP classes in my high school that bore an uncanny resemblance to a prison. I remember Saturday marching band practices on hot asphalt and I remember getting all dressed up for show choir performances. I remember youth group trips to the mountains for camps and day trips.

For the most part, I have lost my connection to Portugal and Illinois. But, since I still go to Colorado a couple of times every year to visit family, it still feels like I can call it home and sort of get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...