Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chernobyl Strawberries

Why do I garden? Produce tastes better when picked at maturity. I love to watch the process of growth. It's nice to get outside. I can grow food that is expensive or that can't even be purchased in a grocery store. It's satisfying to eat food that I grew myself.

It's also fun to see all of the crazy shapes fruits and vegetables take when they aren't produced commercially. Here are some of our strawberries from our strawberry barrel that look like they've survived nuclear fallout! 


Check out these too.

And speaking of fruits and vegetables that are hard to find in grocery stores, I just got seeds for Romanesco broccoli in the mail! I've been fascinated by this fractal vegetable since college, but have never actually seen it in real life, so we're going to grow it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...