Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Third Trimester

The third trimester is here! Our little daughter will be here in less than three months!

My friend, Heather, asked me today what I was most looking forward to. I am quite simply looking forward to seeing her face, touching her soft skin, holding her tiny body, and gawking for hours at all her perfect little baby eyes, nose, ears, toes, fingers, elbows, on and on. In short, I am looking forward to being with her!

Today, a neighbor with a two month old gave me about three dozen little onesies and outfits and about fifty diapers that her little boy has outgrown. I love staring at these little bear feet on this onesie she gave and imagining putting our little girls tiny toes into them!


A few more random thoughts and updates...

Someone recently told me that they call the first trimester "dreary," the second trimester "cheery," and the third trimester "weary." So far, the first two have held up and the third is on course to be weary. I wake up multiple times (as in three to six? ten?) times per night because my hips and back are sore and/or I have to go to the bathroom. I have created a little pillow nest in bed for comfort, take some low strength acetaminophen at times, and have started taking warm baths about every other day to help with the pain.

People tell me it's good prep for not sleeping through the night with a baby, but I would rather not have the practice!

A few days ago, I laughed out loud when I reread my old blog posts and found one from a couple of months ago where I mentioned that the weight gain seemed impossible. I have gained about twenty pounds! Which means that by the end of pregnancy, I will probably have gained about a fourth of my body weight. It now feels like I will never be thin and in shape again!

But, honestly, I don't think I've ever felt so beautiful in all my life. I absolutely love my pregnant lady curves! As if you can't tell by all the pregnant belly pictures I've been posting. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...