Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Soul Cud

I have been ruminating on two small portions of Scripture. Like a cow, I chew on them and swallow, and within a few days or weeks, I chew on the same words again to digest them yet another time. Disgusting, but that's where the word ruminate comes from, and that is what my soul has been doing.

source: desktop.freewallpaper4.me
Blessed is the woman* who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. She will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17:5-8

This passage too:

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. As for me, my days are like grass, I flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who revere him. Psalm 103:13-17

If only I could truly learn to trust God's goodness and understand his deep compassion and love for me. I know that ruminating on these passages is bringing me closer to realizing those desires.

* I like to change the generic man/he/etc. in the Bible to woman/she/etc. or simply to Christie/I. I am not an uber feminist, but this little tweak instantly connects the Scripture to me in a deeper way. If you are a woman, try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...