Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say



There is nothing like a hymn that has withstood the test of time. Here is a little gem that I discovered recently. I just love the words. Below the lyrics, I embedded a beautiful version by Audrey Assad.


I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Come unto me and rest.
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down thy head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was, weary, and worn, and sad.
I found in Him a resting place, and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Behold, I freely give
The living water thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus and I drank of that life giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "I am this dark world's light.
Look unto me thy morn shall rise, and all thy days be bright."
I looked to Jesus and I found in Him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til traveling days are done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...