Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

14 Thoughts at 14 Weeks

1. At our 11 week ultrasound, the doctor took a look at the gender and felt quite certain it was a girl.

2. Three girls?! We laughed when we found out.

3. But, can they really tell that early?

4. My belly has been touched and rubbed at least a dozen times already. And I'm not even that big yet. (I'm sure this is just the first of a long list of pregnancy related culture shock I will go through!)

5. Well, I suppose my bump looks like I'm almost halfway through pregnancy already.

6. When I look at my two hands / two arms / one lap and when I look over at my squirrely (and sometimes downright disobedient) two kids, I wonder how I'm going to do it with a baby in tow.

7. But, then I remember: moms have been doing this forever. And sometimes with more kids and/or even littler kids than I have. It'll be far from perfect, but everyone will survive.

8. Many days, sometimes several times a day, Grace asks me, "Mommy, are you still preg-a-nant?" I answer, "Yes, but the baby won't be here until after Cora turns three."

9. Sometimes, Cora looks down at her large toddler tummy and says, "Mommy, I'm preg-a-nant, too." She then tells me the baby will be born in a couple of hours or tomorrow or next year and that she will name her Grace.

10. I recently learned that pregnant Thai women avoid caffeine like pregnant American women avoid alcohol. I’m going to have to sneak my lattes.

11. High heat/humidity and first trimester nausea don't mix well. But, the nausea is done and gone.

12. I'm really tired all the time.

13. I think I've started feeling the baby's kicks. Strangest, most comforting feeling ever.

14. I've always wanted three kids... we're excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...