Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Little Happenings


I celebrated my first Mother's Day on Sunday. I got another ounce of selfishness squeezed out of me as I realized that the day that is for celebrating mothers is still full of sacrifice for the kiddo. I was really looking forward to the day, but woke up especially tired, and then Grace struggled with napping all day eliciting more exhaustion and tears from me. But, boy was she precious in the evening when I made her smile, giggle, laugh, and coo! I am so grateful for my little daughter, bad days and all.
A picture of Grace because I know that's
what you really want to see!

~

Did you catch that above? Grace is laughing! I have never seen anything more precious in all my life! 

~

My dear friend, Marie, was in town for a wedding last week. She carved out time from the wedding festivities to hang out with me. We met our freshman year of college, lived together for a year in college, lived together for a year after college, and were bridesmaids in each others' weddings. She moved to Chicago in 2009 for grad school, and we haven't seen each other since then. It was so fun to catch up in person rather than via our infrequent phone dates.

~

I have been using the Baby Connect app to track Grace's feeding, diapers, sleeping/napping, and her weight & height. Baby Connect takes the numbers I enter and turns them into all sorts of nifty charts and stats. For instance, I know that she's had 427 poopy diapers since she was born. Nasty. It's the only cell phone app I've ever paid for, which says something about how good it is. If you're a parent or hope to someday be one, check it out!

~

We recently had a couple days where the temperature hovered around 100 degrees. I am not ready for another So Cal desert summer. In fact, I'm never ready for this type of weather.

~

Grace and I are flying to Colorado on Monday! We're going to chill at my parents' house for a few days while Michael is at his students' summer conference. Then, Michael will be joining us for a full week after that. I am looking forward to cooler weather, mountain fun, lots of baby help, not being on point for meal planning and cooking, introducing extended family members to Grace, and spending hours and hours with family!

~

In garden news, our brussels sprouts plan is sprouting its brussels! (You know what I mean.) We also have a number of green tomatoes that have appeared and numerous other seeds have sprouted. We'll hopefully start harvesting new veggies in just a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...